2017 is over within the next few hours and I fell obliged to write something about it. Hopefully I won't have too much regrets by the time I finish this post.
What Have I Done
I have been working full time since June. Working life is surprisingly more relaxing than I expected. My daily schedule has seen a great increase in stability: no more 4-hour-sleeping-schedule is an obvious improvement and I can finally set aside time for my interests.
By the end of 2017, I have:
- Set up my new blog and wrote more stuff than 2015 and 2016 combined.
- Been using Emacs for 3 months.
- Been using my own email for 3 months.
- Found out I am pretty good at cooking.
- Been running nearly daily for 6 months. I finished my first half-marathon with a sub 2 hour time.
- Lost 20 pounds since June thanks to running.
Doesn't look too shabby huh? It's been a great year.
I've gotten into the habit of listening to Dayo Wong's stand-up comedy from time to time and for some reason one of his earlier shows 跟住去边度 ( What's Next ) left the deepest impression on me. I now also post this question to myself. Here's where I will be in 2018:
- Train for a full marathon and hopefully finish one.
- Write at least 20 blog articles.
- Get the first signature for my PGP key.
- Install Gentoo.
- Read more, watch less.
If I've learned anything from my past failed plans, it would be to always underestimate my own capabilities when planning, so I will just stop my list here and add additional goals as I march into 2018.
Happy New Year and hopefully 2018 will be another spectacular one!