After eight months, my blog have finally reached a place where I feel comfortable taking down the "under heavy construction" notice on my home page. In stead of out right deleting the site road map though, I'm stashing it into a blog post.
Site Road Map
Find new hosting location. Currently using DigitalOcean.
- ☑ Install Arch Linux on server.
Search for WP replacement. Hugo is pretty good.
Find a suitable theme. Currently using
hugo-xmin , may consider forking it and write my own (
- ☑ Server side config, like
post-receive for git auto deploy.
- ☑ Language switcher that does more than redirecting to home page.
- ☑ Enable Disqus.
- ☑ Support \(\LaTeX\) expressions via
- ☑ Copy-paste fixed page contents from old site (and translate them).
- ☑ Enable https.
- ☑ Backup old WP site.
- ☑ Transfer domain to Google Domains and ensure DNS works as intended.
- ☑ Find out how to write with
org-mode or R markdown.
- ☑ Configure multilingual support, including footer text, title, etc.
- ☑ Find out how to make
emacs work with
- ☑ Use
Google's Noto Sans font Oxygen Sans and Source Code Pro Iosevka for code.
- ☑ Find a suitable icon/favicon.
- ☑ Improve templates for posts to display tags and categories.
- ☑ Cosmetic changes, i.e. no underlines for hyperlinks.
- ☑ Deal with some nuances in using
hugo , like how to get syntax highlighting to work properly.
- ☑ Host my own email.
- ☑ Customize
hugo new to make it more useful, i.e. create multilingual versions directly.
- ☑ Self-host commenting system as a replacement of Disqus.
- ☑ Use Let's Encrypt's wildcard certificate.
- ☑ Restore/rewrite and translate some of the more valuable old posts.
What's on Home Page Now?
I already have an about page and a contact page for whatever I think people might be interested in knowing about myself, so I have no clue what I should put on home page. Since I found the old site road map to be a great way of reminding myself the stuffs I need to get done, I'll replace the road map with another to-do list: my goals for 2018. I am definitely not the most motivated kind of person, but seeing an unfinished to-do list every once in a while does get on my nerves. Let's see how well this is gonna work.
No comments yet.